I’m a little late here, but thank you to Brandy for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award! 🙂 This is my second award, and they always make me feel super happy to receive them! ^^
The ‘Mystery Blogger Award’ is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts.Their blog not only captivates, it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion. – by the creator of this award Okoto.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10-20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Myself:
- I’m currently finishing up my undergraduate degree in ‘English Literature and Creative Writing’, and am excited to soon start a Masters Degree in ‘Gothic Literature’
- Alongside writing and illustrating, another job I’d love to find out more about is animation, particularly animating music videos. I think that could be really interesting. I love anime music videos, like Madeon and Robinson’s Shelter or Daoko’s GIRL
- I love my video games, and can’t wait for The Last of Us Part Two and Borderlands 3. Claptrap is my baby ❤
The Answers to the Questions I Was Asked:
- What is your favorite social media platform?
I’m not a huge social media hog. I use them to be nosy, but rarely post stuff. I guess Facebook is what I use most, but I like Tumblr too.
2. If you could go back in time to any era, what would it be?
I think the 1920s would be interesting, with the whole Art Deco, Gatsby-esque aesthetics. But my first choice would still be the early 1800s, just to visit some spooky castles and creepy old back alleys, very Gothic and snazzy indeed.
3. What is your favorite book and why?
I have a few different ones. I love Angela Carter’s The Bloody Chamber, cause that’s the book that got me into feminist theory and Gothic literature back at college. But before that the Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot was my favorite. The narrative voice is so informal and humorous, and the stories are so heartwarming. As soon as I finish my degree I’m re-reading all of them books again.
4. If you could fly, where would you go first?
Probably Akibahara in Japan, since that’s considered the city for anime and manga fans. I’ve never been abroad, so anywhere would be amazing. But Akibahara, and Japan as a whole, would be great to visit!
5. Why did you choose the blog title you chose?
I wanted something vaguely Gothic sounding, and elegant. I’d had this name in my head for a few years, so I thought I might as well use it. I like overly long names for pieces of fiction, but not for brand names or blog titles. They’re better short and sweet, I think.
My Top 3 Blog Posts:
Who Am I Nominating?
I’m gonna try and nominate different people, so I’m not cursing the same unfortunate souls every time.
My Questions for Those Nominated:
1. Who is your favorite literary author and why?
2. What do you do to relax after a stressful day?
3. Why and when did you start your blog?
4.What musicians have you seen in concert?
5.What is your favourite animated film or television show?
Thanks again to Brandy for my nomination! 🙂