I’m a little late here, but thank you to Acacia Aurora for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition award! 🙂 I’ve never had any award like this, so I feel honored *bows*.
I also strongly recommend checking out Aurora’s blog, she posts lots of fun lists about anime and manga, as well as the odd creative writing piece! I’ve also shared a poem or two of hers, which you can see here!
Rules for the Nomination:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Give a brief history on your blog and how it started
- Give two tips to new bloggers
- Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers
Brief History of my Blog:
Over the summer of 2016, as I continually procrastinated doing my creative writing dissertation, I thought I should really put myself out there and do more creative writing. I’ve always enjoyed the idea of it, but other than writing done specifically for university I’d never really bothered to write anything else. But since I was full of ideas, I thought why not make a blog for it?
Then after a few people enquired after my drawings, I ended up starting my art commissions business, and I’ve already made 3 book covers, and hope to do much more! 🙂 The money I made from them has paid for an art tablet, so now I can learn how to do my sketches on the computer ^_^
And it’s only been, what, six months? And I’ve just reached 500 followers, so thank you!
Tips for New Bloggers:
- I know Aurora said the same thing, but it really can’t be stressed enough: get talking to people on here and socialize! If I hadn’t contacted as many people as I had, I probably wouldn’t have ever started my art commissions service. And having regular friends who read each others work is really nice. You learn from each other’s work and its such a lovely, supportive atmosphere!
- Erm, another I’d probably say is one more specifically aimed at creative writers. One of my friends, DeanJean (who’s blog is also worth checking out) said she felt the pressure to post writing regularly meant she felt like her work wasn’t of a great quality. In fact, she felt like she was rushing work out just for the sake of posting it. I’ve also felt the same, and its best to avoid that! Don’t go rushing out work just because >,< Take your time and make sure each piece is something you’re completely happy with, you’ll get so much more out of it!
Well, there’s no way I could think up fifteen whole people, but here we go!
AcaciaAurora (Since you’ve just had to write a million of these I’m gonna make you write one more, muahahaha!)